Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2014

Lazy

      No matter how much you may love something, you will, on occasion, absolutely hate it. For example, I love to write, but I am absolutely hating the fact that I have to squeeze out 300 more words right now. Now I am going to write a really long sentence to help fill my word count but also to achieve my purpose by illustrating that passions don't always produce a satisfactory product. That was not as many words as I had hoped it would be.
      This lack of love, or really, this lack of lust for a passion is pretty common in the musical world as well. Have you ever had to play a sixteenth note run 50 times in a row to nail what would ultimately become a mere five measures of background filler sound? Yeah. Me too. And it sucks! People like the idea of having talent, but don't like to put in the effort required to become talented. Example: me writing this blog post.
      Humans are lazy, and in general, we suck. Yeah I know I'm a jerk, but it's true, right? I see it every single day. High school kids are a splendid example of such laziness, always trying to get out of extra work, leave class early, or avoid a quiz. Why are we so lame? Come on teenagers?! Where is our initiative?! Our drive?! Our passion?!

      I only have to write 64 more words. Better wrap this thing up.

      I love to write, and I love to play music, and I love to read books, and I love to solve equations, but when my “passions” become “assignments”, they loose they're appeal and become tedious bits of paper shoved inside a folder.

 Fourteen more words is no problem for me to write for this fine blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment